Monday, July 16, 2007

#18 Online Productivity Tools

I have had the opportunity to try out some of these online tools and applications. As time goes by it is starting to become harder and harder to distinguish between what is and is not online. Also with faster access speeds to the internet and the introduction of Ajax programming, this will be the future.

I have a Google account and have set up the Google Docs and Spreadsheets. This is the 2nd generation of this and it keeps improving all the time. To prove just how easy it is I have embedded a small piece of a spreadsheet into the blog. If I sign into my Google account I can edit it and the edited version will appear below. Pretty clever. Also anyone who I have given permission to edit this document can log in and collaborate as well.

A sample of what I created is linked below. There was even a feature since Blogger is a part of the Google stable to publish directly to my blog from the online application.

Click here to go direct to the document

No comments: